I have worked the final write up of our values, mission, vision and goals. Please let me know your thoughts. These artifacts are very important to help our team stay focused and prioritize work. We've seen in the past weeks that the scope of our efforts can be escalated and/or deviated easily, so it's important to have this north star to guide us.
In a more immediate action, I'm planning to use this in the website Matt, Awasum and Aizhamal will help us build.
P.S. I want to thank people who contributed to this by entering their ideas in this thread
Values that guide the ASF's D&I strategy
Respect, empathy, openness, patience, candor & dependability
Mission of the ASF's D&I strategy
Build equity in our community by developing tools and frameworks to foster inclusion and increase diversity in all phases of Apache projects.
Become the most equitable open source foundation in the world
D&I Goals for the ASF
Short Term (2019)
1. Gather scientific data to diagnose current status of Diversity and Inclusion at the ASF
2. Raise awareness in our community about the importance of Diversity & Inclusion in the business, and in the open source industry
3. Have a measurable list of key indicators to track over time
Medium Term (2020)
1. Instrument the Apache contributor funnel to establish a participation baseline for underrepresented groups
2. Create a toolkit to address the top 3 entry barriers for new contributors from under represented groups
3. Be the trusted, go-to partner for PMCs when it comes to D&I
Long Term (2025)
1. Have committer on-boarding and retention plans, built with and agreed with the PMCs
2. Improve the quality of Apache projects by increasing participation of at least one underrepresented group by 20% across all Apache projects