Derby
  1. Derby
  2. DERBY-5260

Remove unused "replace" argument to backup variant of StorageFactoryService#saveServiceProperties

    Details

    • Type: Improvement Improvement
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 10.9.1.0
    • Component/s: Services
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      This variant of the method is never called with replace == true, so the code to handle replacement can be removed.

      1. saveServiceProperties-1.diff
        6 kB
        Dag H. Wanvik
      2. saveServiceProperties-1.stat
        0.3 kB
        Dag H. Wanvik

        Activity

        Hide
        Dag H. Wanvik added a comment -

        Uploading a patch for this simplification, running regressions.

        Show
        Dag H. Wanvik added a comment - Uploading a patch for this simplification, running regressions.
        Hide
        Dag H. Wanvik added a comment -

        Regrressions completed ok, modulo two diffs in dblook_test and dblook_test_territory:

        The line:
        java.io.FileNotFoundException: <filePath>
        is missing from the *.out file. I can see it is present in the raw file before filtering, not sure why it gone after filtering.
        There was a bug in this earlier, cf. DERBY-266, but that one is closed.

        In my case this piece if text is gone after filtering:

        – **--> DEBUG: Failed to load jar file /export/home/dag/java/sb/tests/saveServiceProperties-1-derbyall-1.6.0_24-sb.sb1.classes-19394/DBJARS/BAR/BARJAR.jar.G1307158346528
        java.io.FileNotFoundException: /export/home/dag/java/sb/tests/saveServiceProperties-1-derbyall-1.6.0_24-sb.sb1.classes-19394/derbyall/derbytools/dblook_test/wombat/jar/BAR/BARJAR.jar.G1307158346528 (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.dblook.DB_Jar.doJars(DB_Jar.java:104)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.go(dblook.java:533)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.<init>(dblook.java:142)
        at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.go(dblook_test.java:574)
        at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.runMessageCheckTest(dblook_test.java:679)
        at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.doTest(dblook_test.java:106)
        at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.main(dblook_test.java:83)

        So, as can be seen, the line "java.io.FileNotFoundException" is
        present, but is gone after filtering away the stack trace. The
        directory does have "derby" in it, cf. the subdirectory
        "derbyall". Maybe DERBY-266 didnt do a through enough job in fixing
        this issue....

        In any case, I believe is discrepancy unrelated to the change in this issue.

        Show
        Dag H. Wanvik added a comment - Regrressions completed ok, modulo two diffs in dblook_test and dblook_test_territory: The line: java.io.FileNotFoundException: <filePath> is missing from the *.out file. I can see it is present in the raw file before filtering, not sure why it gone after filtering. There was a bug in this earlier, cf. DERBY-266 , but that one is closed. In my case this piece if text is gone after filtering: – **--> DEBUG: Failed to load jar file /export/home/dag/java/sb/tests/saveServiceProperties-1-derbyall-1.6.0_24-sb.sb1.classes-19394/DBJARS/BAR/BARJAR.jar.G1307158346528 java.io.FileNotFoundException: /export/home/dag/java/sb/tests/saveServiceProperties-1-derbyall-1.6.0_24-sb.sb1.classes-19394/derbyall/derbytools/dblook_test/wombat/jar/BAR/BARJAR.jar.G1307158346528 (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66) at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.dblook.DB_Jar.doJars(DB_Jar.java:104) at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.go(dblook.java:533) at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.<init>(dblook.java:142) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.go(dblook_test.java:574) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.runMessageCheckTest(dblook_test.java:679) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.doTest(dblook_test.java:106) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.dblook_test.main(dblook_test.java:83) So, as can be seen, the line "java.io.FileNotFoundException" is present, but is gone after filtering away the stack trace. The directory does have "derby" in it, cf. the subdirectory "derbyall". Maybe DERBY-266 didnt do a through enough job in fixing this issue.... In any case, I believe is discrepancy unrelated to the change in this issue.
        Hide
        Kristian Waagan added a comment -

        Hi Dag,

        I had a look at the changes - they look good to me. I also ran suites.All and derbyall without seeing any failures.
        +1 to commit.

        Show
        Kristian Waagan added a comment - Hi Dag, I had a look at the changes - they look good to me. I also ran suites.All and derbyall without seeing any failures. +1 to commit.
        Hide
        Dag H. Wanvik added a comment -

        Thanks, Kristian. Committed as svn 1133123.

        Show
        Dag H. Wanvik added a comment - Thanks, Kristian. Committed as svn 1133123.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Dag H. Wanvik
            Reporter:
            Dag H. Wanvik
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development