Derby
  1. Derby
  2. DERBY-4321

test nstest generates errors XBM06 re reencryption and 22003 re value outside range for decimal/numeric

    Details

    • Type: Improvement Improvement
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 10.5.2.0
    • Fix Version/s: 10.9.1.0
    • Component/s: Test
    • Labels:
      None
    • Urgency:
      Low
    • Issue & fix info:
      Newcomer

      Description

      The test nstest (both in embedded and networkserver) ran into a JVM-bug-related error the last few times I tried it; but with a newer jvm I notice it's generating an XBM06 error:
      XBM06: Startup failed. An encrypted database cannot be accessed without the correct boot password.
      From the test's README.txt it shows it is indeed attempting to re-encrypt, but this is failing.
      The test needs to be tightened up so it doesn't show unusual errors.

      The test also generates:
      22003: The resulting value is outside the range for the data type DECIMAL/NUMERIC(5,0)
      The test's readme and comments don't indicate this is a negative test, so this too should get tightened/cleaned up.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
          Open Open Closed Closed
          1009d 8h 1 Myrna van Lunteren 02/May/12 01:32
          Gavin made changes -
          Workflow jira [ 12471656 ] Default workflow, editable Closed status [ 12796989 ]
          Myrna van Lunteren made changes -
          Status Open [ 1 ] Closed [ 6 ]
          Assignee Myrna van Lunteren [ myrna ]
          Fix Version/s 10.9.0.0 [ 12316344 ]
          Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
          Hide
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment -

          I had created DERBY-5649 to make improvements to nstest and resolved the 22003 error for that bug. Also the XBM06 error is now reflected in the README as expected errors.
          I looked into the 40XL1 errors and they seem normal to me - to be expected with the kind of operations we're doing on the tables. I added a note to reflect this to the README with revision 1332887.

          Closing this issue.

          Show
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment - I had created DERBY-5649 to make improvements to nstest and resolved the 22003 error for that bug. Also the XBM06 error is now reflected in the README as expected errors. I looked into the 40XL1 errors and they seem normal to me - to be expected with the kind of operations we're doing on the tables. I added a note to reflect this to the README with revision 1332887. Closing this issue.
          Myrna van Lunteren made changes -
          Field Original Value New Value
          Link This issue is related to DERBY-5649 [ DERBY-5649 ]
          Hide
          Kathey Marsden added a comment -

          For the XBM06 error it would be good to add it to the README as an expected error. The test output does make it clear this is expected when the test verifies that a reencrypted database cannot be booted with the old boot password: See:
          http://www.nabble.com/ERROR-XBM06-in-nstest-td24652310.html#a24652310

          The test output does indication FAIL for lock timeouts which should probably be investigated.

          Show
          Kathey Marsden added a comment - For the XBM06 error it would be good to add it to the README as an expected error. The test output does make it clear this is expected when the test verifies that a reencrypted database cannot be booted with the old boot password: See: http://www.nabble.com/ERROR-XBM06-in-nstest-td24652310.html#a24652310 The test output does indication FAIL for lock timeouts which should probably be investigated.
          Hide
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment -

          The test also generates 40XL1 errors - A lock could not be obtained within the time requested - and I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the test again does not talk about them, so possibly they were not expected initially. Again, this should be removed.

          Show
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment - The test also generates 40XL1 errors - A lock could not be obtained within the time requested - and I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the test again does not talk about them, so possibly they were not expected initially. Again, this should be removed.
          Myrna van Lunteren created issue -

            People

            • Assignee:
              Myrna van Lunteren
              Reporter:
              Myrna van Lunteren
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development