Affects Version/s: 10.5.1.1
Fix Version/s: 10.6.1.0
Issue & fix info:Newcomer
I have a suggestion regarding the documentation for the OFFSET and FETCH FIRST documentation. On these documents, we have three SQL examples on the usage of these clauses. I suggest that we add a brief description of what each clause does.
This might help the users to have a better understanding at first of how the said clauses work.
Here are the examples with a possible description:
– This query fetches the first row from T
SELECT * FROM T FETCH FIRST ROW ONLY;
– This query skips the first 10 rows and fetches the following 10.
– It will fetch rows 11 through 20 (inclusive) from the table T, sorted by I
SELECT * FROM T ORDER BY I OFFSET 10 ROWS FETCH NEXT 10 ROWS ONLY;
– This query skips the first 100 rows from T.
– If the table has less than 101 records, then an empty result set is returned.
SELECT * FROM T OFFSET 100 ROWS;