When ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN is used to drop a column from a table, it needs to update the GRANTed column privileges on that table.
The following behaviors need to be provided:
- DROP COLUMN needs to automatically revoke any privileges which have been granted on this column
- Privileges which have been granted on other columns in this table need to be adjusted due to changed column position numbers
When this problem is fixed, the following additional cleanup steps should occur:
- The check that disables DROP COLUMN in sqlAuthorization mode needs to be removed
- There is a comment in AlterTableConstantAction that needs to be revised
- The tests in lang/altertableDropColumn.sql should be moved into altertable.sql
- altertableDropColumn.sql and altertableDropColumn.out should be deleted
Search for this JIRA issue number in the code to find the relevant places to change.