Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.0
Comment handling is not currently fully documented / tested.
There are several possible situations:
1) trailing comment following one or more values
2) comment marker starts in the first column
3) comment marker starts in the first non-whitespace column
How should these be handled?
1) The trailing comment should be ignored
2) Entire line should be ignored, i.e. don't treat it as a blank line
3) This is trickier: if whitespace is being trimmed, treat as 2, else treat as 1, i.e. there is a single value containing whitespace
It might also be useful to consider returning comments to the application program as part of CSVRecord.
|Summary||Comment handling||Clarify comment handling|
|Issue Type||New Feature [ 2 ]||Improvement [ 4 ]|
|Fix Version/s||1.0 [ 12320161 ]|
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|
|Status||Resolved [ 5 ]||Closed [ 6 ]|
|Transition||Time In Source Status||Execution Times||Last Executer||Last Execution Date|
|4d 2h 43m||1||Sebb||28/Mar/12 13:47|
|869d 6h 19m||1||Benedikt Ritter||14/Aug/14 20:06|