Affects Version/s: 4.9.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Storage Controller
Security Level: Public (Anyone can view this level - this is the default.)
Environment:* VMware vCenter 5.5U3/ESXi 5.0 U1
* ACS 4.9 running on CentOS6.4
When attaching a pool to an instance the askingSize parameter of pool checker is 0. Which basically makes a ineffective check of the storage pool
1 VMware cluster with 2 Hosts.
- Applied the following global settings:
- storage.overprovisioning.factor = 1
- pool.storage.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold = 1
- pool.storage.capacity.disablethreshold = 1
- Restarted management server
- Created a storage pool in ready state
- Attach the pool to a running instance
In the logs found that the actual parameter of askingSize is 0, when attaching a pool to an instance.