Resolution: Not A Problem
Affects Version/s: 4.9.0
Fix Version/s: None
Security Level: Public (Anyone can view this level - this is the default.)
Environment:* VMware vCenter 5.5U3/ESXi 5.0 U1
* ACS 4.9 running on CentOS6.4
Taking snapshot on large volume (more than 100GB) will fail on VMware Cluster.
1 VMware cluster with 2 Hosts.
- Set global variables
- backup.snapshot.wait to 6000
- copy.volume.wait to 6000
- wait = 3600
- vmware.vcenter.session.timout - 6000
- Restarted management server.
- Created a large volume – 350GB
- Deployed a VM in the VMware Cluster
- Attached the Volume to the VM.
- Start a Volume snapshot.
Result: A timeout occurred when creating the snapshot after ~60mins.
This is the only error message we managed to find in the log:
Please see full log in the attached file.