Taking snapshot on large volume (more than 100GB) will fail on VMware Cluster.
1 VMware cluster with 2 Hosts.
- Set global variables
- backup.snapshot.wait to 6000
- copy.volume.wait to 6000
- wait = 3600
- vmware.vcenter.session.timout - 6000
- Restarted management server.
- Created a large volume – 350GB
- Deployed a VM in the VMware Cluster
- Attached the Volume to the VM.
- Start a Volume snapshot.
Result: A timeout occurred when creating the snapshot after ~60mins.
This is the only error message we managed to find in the log:
Please see full log in the attached file.