This feature allows to change permission for existing role permissions, as those were static and could not be changed once created. It also provides the ability to change these permissions in the UI using a drop down menu for each permission rule, in which admin can select ‘Allow’ or ‘Deny’ permission.
This feature modifies behaviour of updateRolePermission API method:
- New optional parameters ‘ruleid’ and ‘permission’ are introduced, they are mutual exclusive to ‘ruleorder’ parameter. This defines two use cases:
- Update role permission: ‘ruleid’ and ‘permission’ parameters needed
- Update rules order: ‘ruleorder’ parameter needed
- Parameter ‘ruleorder’ is now optional
- updateRolePermission providing ‘ruleorder’ parameter should be sent via POST
Drop down menu added for role rule-permissions as seen in attached picture