To make Click even more useful for new users, Quick Start needs to be better.
Some improvements that could help make it much better:
1. move form an ANT based implementation to a standalone library (and maybe + CLI).
2. allow more options for project setup:
- inclusion of libraries: cayenne, spring, hibernate, external click controls, etc.
- security type: container, Click, Acegi, and maybe GAE/J etc .
3. generation of unit tests and selenium tests (+configuration)
#1 would bring several advantages:
- it would allow to be used by several IDEs directly(from a plug-in or from external tools)
- the effort would not be duplicated and a best practice structure used everywhere.
- if included in the path it could create a click project everywhere from the command line - not just in the click directory (this looks very nice in live presentations).
#2 would reduce the time to setup a project considerably, since a simple Click application without persistence is quite seldom.
|Assignee||Adrian A. [ a_adrian ]|
|Component/s||standalone-tools [ 12313581 ]|
|Fix Version/s||3.0.0 [ 12315124 ]|