This issue relates somehow to
- the JSCalendar is a little more complex and has a much greater potential than the actual Click integration allows it.
My proposal was in:
Chapter 3 (3.2, 3.3, 4.1)
The basic idea would be to:
1. Move DateField to 'extras'
2. Rename it to CalendarField (since this is in reality).
3. Than, since it's in 'extras', add everything JSCalendar has. Add it as it its - to be able to easily update if bugs are corrected and we need to do updates.
4. This would mean that CalendarField would have everything JSCalendar has, and if users want new features(or just bugs, patches, etc), they will do it to JSCalnear, so that every other framework that is useing would benefit from those updates.
5. We can also make a WIKI page for this, to explain and to redirect the user to make requests to the original creator: JSCalender in this case, but if other libraries are integrated, than to those too.
I could do Steps 1,2,3,4 together with
However, before implementing, IMHO this must be discussed first on the on the Dev list .