Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Since this API is meant to simulate what happens when a link is clicked (I believe), it should include this category. It's certainly a safer default:
- Activities that can be safely invoked from a browser must support this
- category. For example, if the user is viewing a web page or an e-mail
- and clicks on a link in the text, the Intent generated execute that
- link will require the BROWSABLE category, so that only activities
- supporting this category will be considered as possible actions. By
- supporting this category, you are promising that there is nothing
- damaging (without user intervention) that can happen by invoking any
- matching Intent.
If apps want to fire an intent without CATEGORY_BROWSER, they should use a custom plugin.