Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: cordova-plugin-battery-status, cordova-plugin-camera, cordova-plugin-console (DEPRECATED), cordova-plugin-contacts (DEPRECATED), cordova-plugin-device, cordova-plugin-device-motion (DEPRECATED), cordova-plugin-device-orientation (DEPRECATED), cordova-plugin-dialogs, cordova-plugin-file, cordova-plugin-file-transfer (DEPRECATED), cordova-plugin-geolocation, cordova-plugin-globalization (DEPRECATED), cordova-plugin-inappbrowser, cordova-plugin-media, cordova-plugin-media-capture, cordova-plugin-network-information, cordova-plugin-splashscreen, cordova-plugin-vibration
1. Delete the docs/ directory from all plugins
- They contain stale copies of what's in cordova-docs
2. Move plugin information found in cordova-docs into a single doc/index.md file within the respective plugin repos
- Link to this file within each plugin's README.md file
3. Delete the "API Reference" section of cordova-docs
4. Add a guide called "Cordova Plugins", which contains:
- a link to plugins.cordova.io,
- a list of the org.apache.cordova plugins, which link to their index.md files on github
- e.g. https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media-capture/blob/master/README.md
- These can be changed to point at their plugins.cordova.io page when that shows READMEs.
- A link to the 3.3 docs, which still have plugin API reference
- Mostly, this is for finding non-english versions.
- Plugins are on a separate release cycle from platforms & docs.
- The documentation is often mismatched due to this
- Pull requests for plugins don't update the plugin docs
- But I think they would if the docs were in the same repo
- This will mess up our current translations story for plugins.
- I think this can be fixed up though, by changing out http://crowdin.net push / pull scripts
- E.g. have README.md translations go in: cordova-plugin-foo/translations/fr/README.md