Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
This is the meta-issue for all of the File API-related changes.
File is getting overhauled, to provide the following features:
1. Entry.toURL() should return a filesystem:// URL on platforms which support it. Platforms which cannot support custom URL protocols are free to return URLs which can be used to access the local file system.
2. These URLs will look like:
Additional roots are possible for new file systems (assets, media, documents, etc)
(The specific format used does not need to conform to any existing or proposed standard, since these URLs should not be assumed valid across machines)
3. Entry.fullPath will be relative to the HTML file system root, and not a path from the root of the actual device file system.
4. Only URLs will be passed over the exec bridge; we won't be passing raw file system paths into and out of JS anymore. (This generally means filesystem:// URLs in the iOS/Android case, but platforms are free to support other URLs as needed)
5. Tests need to be updated so that they still pass when these changes are made.
6. File plugin should be modular, so that additional filesystem types can be easily supported.