- Mac OS 10.7.5
- Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 emulator using Intel's x86 images
I recently posted a description of this issue to the phonegap group at https://groups.google.com/d/topic/phonegap/J-h0lt68x0g/discussion.
I am testing out PhoneGap 2.9.0 in the Android emulator (using Intel's x86 images), and I am seeing the issue that the android:windowSoftInputMode setting is not having an effect. By default, the setting is set to "adjustPan" in the generated project, but when I actually focus a text <input>, the soft keyboard appears on top of the app, but does not pan the main window, and the <input> is usually hidden beneath the keyboard as a result.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new PhoneGap 2.9.0 project using the cordova create utility. Add the 'android' platform.
- Open the project in Eclipse.
- Edit index.html to add <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><input placeholder="Text box"> below the <h1>Apache Cordova</h1> heading.
- Run the app in Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 emulator.
- Tap the <input> and notice that the soft keyboard is placed over the app and the <input> is hidden beneath.
- Try changing the android:windowSoftInputMode setting in AndroidManifest.xml to "adjustResize", reload the app, and notice that the app is not resized when the <input> receives keyboard focus.
I am seeing this problem in Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 emulator. In Android 4.0.3 emulator, the app pans as expected.
The strange thing is that if I load the www/ files in the Browser and focus the <input>, then the window is resized to fit the soft keyboard like normal. This seems to imply that android:windowSoftInputMode works fine in the emulator, but there is some issue in PhoneGap that is preventing it from working.