Resolution: Not A Bug
Affects Version/s: 6.5.0
Fix Version/s: None
cordova-ios 4.5.2 (using https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios#4.5.2 as email@example.com is not publicly available in npm yet) .. anyway, I don't think this is relevant as I have the same issue on android builds
I'm building an ios & android application for some time now (~2 years) and I don't understand why, on my latest release, my production (--device --release) build doesn't embed cordova.js file anymore where as non-production build (--debug) does.
I can confirm this with an alert(window.cordova) which shows "undefined" at startup and after a ~30s delay (to make sure cordova is not bootstrapped after a deviceReady is fired)
It sounds like a bug on my side, however I can't really know how to confirm that as I don't have a lot of knowledge on cordova building process internals.
What I can tell so far :
- cordova.js is currently not packaged on both android and ios as soon as I `cordova build --device --release ios|android`
- cordova.js is currently packaged on both android and ios as soon as I `cordova build --debug ios|android`
- In my latest release, 2 monthes ago (August 17th), `cordova build --device --release ios|android` was working perfectly fine.
Noticeable changes since then were :
- package.json : I removed firstname.lastname@example.org dependency & added email@example.com
- config.xml : I upgraded cordova-plugin-splashscreen@~3.2.2 => firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com => cordova-ios@https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios#4.5.2 & added 2 new plugins (cordova-plugin-request-location-accuracy and cordova-android-support-gradle-release)
- my build process (grunt-based) didn't changed for 6 monthes
- I made a change un July, so "integrated" into my latest working release which was to include cordova.js file inside my main index.html page in the end of the <head> tag, and before any other js script (my other js scripts are loaded in the end of the <body> tag)
When I look for cordova.js file in platforms/ directory, it show me :
If someone has any hint for debugging this, it would be very kind.