Via Robin Schumacher,
I pulled down a sourceforge data generator and created a moc file of 500,000 rows that had an incrementing sequence number, date, and SSN. I then used our COPY command and MySQL's LOAD DATA INFILE to load the file on my Mac. Results were:
C* 2.1.0 (pre-
[jbellis] 7405 gets us almost an order of magnitude improvement. Unfortunately we're still almost 2 orders slower than mysql.
I don't think we can continue to tell people, "use sstableloader instead." The number of users sophisticated enough to use the sstable writers is small and (relatively) decreasing as our user base expands.