Fix Version/s: 1.2.4
We have a small test environment with two datacenters (DC1 and DC2) running on Windows 7 laptops.
Both datacenters have one node. We use network topology strategy to replicate all data to both datacenters.
We started with empty db.
1. Created a keyspace with strategy options [DC1:1, DC2:1]
2. Added one row to a column family with CLI to DC1. Change was replicated to DC2.
3. Disconnected network cable from DC2.
4. Gossiper noticed, that other DC is dead.
5. Added another row to DC1.
6. Reconnected cable on DC2.
7. DC1 started hinted handoff for DC2.
8. Hinted handoff is finished with message: "Finished hinted handoff of 1969 rows to endpoint <DC2 ip>"
We repeated test with same results on Linux cluster with Cassandra 1.2.0.
On Cassandra 1.1.5 Linux cluster, only one row was sent to endpoint. "Finished hinted handoff of 1 rows to endpoint <DC2 ip>"