This documentation will describe how to Install Cassandra on IBM Cloud.
- IBM Cloud Pay-As-You-Go or Subscription Account types.
We are assuming that you have logged-in to IBM Cloud. Now follow the steps below:
Step 1: Provision a Kubernetes Cluster
- Click on the Catalog link on the top menu.
- Select Services from left navigation menu of the Catalog page.
Now Search for Kubernetes Service and click on it.
Option 1: Create free Kubernates Engine:
- Price Plan: Free
- Now click create on the right to provision the free kubernetes cluster.
- Please wait for few moments to complete the cluster creation.
Option 2: Create Standard Kubernetes Engine with following attributes:
- Price Plan: Standard
- Infrastructure: Classic
- Availability: Single Zone
- Geography: Europe
- Worker Zone: London 02
- 4 VCPU
- 16 GB RAM
- Worker nodes per zone: 2
- Enter the cluster name of your choice.
- Now Click Create to provision.
- Please wait for few moment to provision the cluster.
Step 2: deploy IBM Cloud Block Storage plug-in
- Just like the step 1, click on the Catalog on the top menu again.
- Search for "Storage Block" and Click on it.
- Click on Create
- Now give storage details
- N.B. Select location as the cluster location.
- Location > Europe > Single Zone > London 02
- Billing Method > 20 GB >Linux
- Click on “I have agreed to the terms and conditions listed below”.
- Now a storage plugin will be available in the dashboard.
Step 3: Deploy Cassandra
- Again go to the catalog and search for “Cassandra” and Click on it.
- Now select "Cassandra".
- In the Cassandra creation page add the details below:
- Target: IBM Kubernetes Service
- Method: Helm chart
- Kubernetes cluster: mycluster-free (eu-de)
- Target namespace: default
- Workspace: cassandra-test
- Resource group: Default
- Select your previously created cluster
- Select the default namespace
- Add a name to your cluster for example “cassandra-test”
- Select Create and wait for some time.
Step 4: Verify Installation
- Go to the Resources List in the Left Navigation Menu:
- Click on Clusters > Select your Cluster.
- Now you are at your clusters overview page. You will see details of your cluster as below:
- Here click on Actions (in the right corner) and select Web terminal from the dropdown menu.
- Click install, then - wait for couple of minutes to finish the process.
- After completing the installation click on actions > Web terminal again .
- A terminal will open up
- Type in the terminal, please change NAMESPACE to the namespace you choose at the deployment setup:
The installation is over. Enjoy!