I just started working with the SASI index on Cassandra 3.7.0 and I encountered a problem which as I suspected was a bug. I had hardly tracked down the situation in which the bug showed up, here is what I found:
When querying with a SASI index, it may incorrectly return 0 rows, and changing a little conditions, it works again, like the following CQL code:
Noticing that I only change table roles2 from table roles's 'CLUSTERING ORDER BY (b DESC)' into 'CLUSTERING ORDER BY (b ASC)'.
When querying with statement , the rusult is two rows:
However, if querying with , it returned no rows at all:
This is not the only situation where the bug would show up, one time I created a SASI index with specific name like 'end_idx' on column 'end', the bug showed up, when I didn't specify the index name, it gone.