This applies to the file components when using common read-lock strategies:
- markerFile - org.apache.camel.component.file.strategy.MarkerFileExclusiveReadLockStrategy
- fileLock - org.apache.camel.component.file.strategy.FileLockExclusiveReadLockStrategy
This strategies stores lock information in the Exchange properties:
- Exchange.FILE_LOCK_FILE_ACQUIRED == "CamelFileLockFileAcquired"
- Exchange.FILE_LOCK_FILE_NAME == "CamelFileLockFileName"
- Exchange.FILE_LOCK_EXCLUSIVE_LOCK == "CamelFileLockExclusiveLock"
- Exchange.FILE_LOCK_RANDOM_ACCESS_FILE == "CamelFileLockRandomAccessFile"
Lock information is stored as scalar values and can hold information about only one single lock.
When there are two Exchanges participates in the route, share UoW, and synchronizations are handovered from one Exchange to another, information about both locks can't be stored in the Exchange properties and lost. Consequently when on-completion synchronizations are performed, read-lock strategies can't access information about all the locks and they are not released.
For example, after completing this route lock for file1.dat is not released: