I am currently working on a project requiring the use of camel-smpp. I stumbled upon some problems integrating with the customer's SMSC, and I modified the code of camel-smpp in order to fit my needs (just adding some functionality though, not removing any).
More specifically, for submitting a new message, the delivery receipt held the corresponding submit_sm id in the optional parameters (as receipted_message_id). With the current trunk code, I did not get the optional parameters of the delivery receipt, so I could not match the delivery receipt to the outgoing sms. As a solution I just looped all the optional parameters and put them into a map as a header (and instead of checking each optional parameter name, I just put whatever jsmpp was sending back, so if someone wants to put other optional parameters to jsmpp too, they would simply automatically be populated back in camel-smpp.)
Please find the patch attached