Currently the jar files are rebuild even if the source files were not modified.
It would be nice to eliminate unnecessary work from the build.
The list of bad plugins is:
1) maven-resources-plugin. It always regenerate files above files from
2) git.properties – we might not need the exact build timestamp for dev builds
3) generate-fmpp-sources – seems to regenerate the same parser again and again
4) hydromatic-resource-maven-plugin seems to regenerate the same
runtime for each execution
5) org-apache-calcite-jdbc.properties includes build.timestamp
If I "disable" those plugins, the subsequent builds take 6-7 seconds
and the jars are not updated.
Total time: 6.237 s
Most time consuming are:
1.2s Calcite Ubenchmark
0.9s Calcite Plus
0.8s Calcite Core
0.6s Calcite Spark