Affects Version/s: avatica-1.11.0
Fix Version/s: None
I have a unit test in avatica-go that executes multiple transactions against avatica to test the optimistic concurrency.
I noticed that this test hangs avatica when using the HSQLDB backend. I was not able to work out how to increase the log verbosity of avatica, so there were no meaningful logs.
Reproducing is simple:
- Open connection 1 and create database tables.
- Disable autocommit on connection 1
- Open connection 2
- Disable autocommit on connection 2
- Connection 1 executes a SELECT query
- Connection 2 executes an INSERT query
The last operation hangs avatica and we never get a response.
I have attached a zip containing the protobuf messages being sent to avatica and a bash script to send the messages to avatica.
Simply run ./hang-avatica-hsqldb.sh and it will send the messages to avatica. CURL will need to be installed and it assumes avatica is running on localhost:8765