Not sure, but I think other than createArrayOf, setArray, and getArray are enough for most test cases in Phoenix. And they have already been implemented in the PR, thanks!
Excellent . Thanks for digging in, Maryann.
One thing is that ResultSet.getString is also used on array fields in Phoenix tests to get the "toString" value of an array, I am not sure if it's SQL standard or if Avatica supports it that way
Yup, this is pretty normal. Essentially, just the same as you can get a String representation of a value of a column in the current row of a ResultSet, you can treat a ResultSet generated from an Array in the same manner. Makes the user-facing parsing a bit more consumable (thankfully, as the Array API leaves a bit to be desired).
Another problem I found by running the Phoenix array tests was that literal string array values were taken as CHAR ARRAY type and could not be inserted into VARCHAR ARRAY columns. I think this is a Calcite issue and I'll open a separate JIRA.
Ok, let me know if you find otherwise, or have a test case for it.
Thanks for looking, Julian. I need to write some test cases to catch the Calcite failures I fixed last night in Avatica (to prevent the "surprise, calcite's busted" situation). I'll look at these two suggestions as well!