Attaching the final patch that DLs giraph from an official location like the founding fathers of Bigtop intended.
Konstantin Boudnik thanks for the review – you're right – the idea is to wait for the final release of Giraph 1.0.0 and hook up to that. But that's the only change I'll do before commiting this diff.
If we are using an RC I'd make the version of to be
and then use for the site URL, etc. But this is optional, so up to you.