Here's a bunch of improvements to the way Oozie is packaged in Bigtop that I would like to suggest based on my conversations so far:
- renaming /usr/lib/oozie/oozie-core -> /usr/lib/oozie/libserver (that will give us lib, libtools and libserver and is pretty consistent)
- add /var/lib/oozie to the catalina.properties classpath so that users can simply drop jar files there (e.g. for jdbc connectors)
- add /etc/hadoop/conf to the oozie-site.xml oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.hadoop.configurations
- get rid of /etc/oozie/conf/hadoop-conf (once #3 is done)
- make sure we don't ship docs twice (once in /usr/share/docs/oozie and the other time in webapps)
I'll attach a patch shortly. But in the meantime, please let me know what do you think.