Code freeze is planned for Jan 1, would be great to incorporate 0.6 into Bigtop when it's available:
Bruno, I'm assigning this to you since you've been working on Mahout 0.6. Please update as appropriate. I'm also marking this 0.4 specific for now. If we decide to make Bigtop 0.3.0 include Mahout 0.6 – please open up a separate JIRA.
So to be clear, this ticket is about the branch hadoop-0.23.
I think I've started using version 0.4 to indicate hadoop-0.23. There's a change that we might have some other hadoop in Bigtop 0.4.0 but...
Oh, and now that you've submitted a patch for trunk, I guess you can simply commit to both branches and close this issue.
I need to pull Tom's patch as well.
Oh and let's document what's planned for 0.4 if aim for hadoop-0.23. We need to make sure other projects are in sync
Here is a patch for the hadoop-0.23 branch.
I also updated Tom's patch to the latest version and renamed it from patch to something more obvious like MAHOUT-822.patch (actually it's the filename of Tom's patch)