Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: 1.0.0
Fix Version/s: None
BigTop Data Generators would consist of a common set of libraries for building data generators and three example data generators:
- BigPetStore transaction generator (moved from BigPetStore)
- BigTop Bazaar – attendee movement and interactions with booths on a showroom floor, at a conference, or at a mall
- BigTop Weatherman – stochastic weather simulation (temperature, wind speed, wind chill, rainfall, etc.) per zip code. (From a model trained on NOAA historical weather data)
We believe that creating a common set of libraries will have several benefits including:
- Easier for others to build their own data generators
- Make data generators smaller and easier to maintain
- Share improvements across the data generators
BigPetStore will be continue to focus on building and maintaining blueprints, powered by the BigTop Data Generators.
Our vision is that we get all of Apache coming to BigTop for tools for building better, more comprehensive blueprints. We want to support these efforts through data generators and the initial set of blueprint we've been building.