Uploaded image for project: 'Bigtop'
  1. Bigtop
  2. BIGTOP-1187

Spark service packages have extraneous core in the name

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 0.7.0
    • Fix Version/s: 0.8.0
    • Component/s: debian, rpm
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      The recent rename of the "spark" package to "spark-core" resulted in the RPMs for service scripts (e.g. "spark-master" and "spark-worker") having an extraneous "core" in the name (e.g. "spark-core-master" and "spark-core-worker"). As the Debian control file indicates, this is not the intended full name of the RPM.

        Activity

        Hide
        mackrorysd Sean Mackrory added a comment -

        Committed and pushed.

        Show
        mackrorysd Sean Mackrory added a comment - Committed and pushed.
        Hide
        mgrover Mark Grover added a comment -

        +1 and thanks!

        Show
        mgrover Mark Grover added a comment - +1 and thanks!
        Hide
        mackrorysd Sean Mackrory added a comment -

        Uploading an updated patch with the manifest fixed in addition to the spec file. I also made Mark's suggested change, however note that passing in the full name required moving the %

        {spark_name}

        stuff that was there before. I built the RPMs and double-checked that the names of the services as used inside the scripts was correct.

        Show
        mackrorysd Sean Mackrory added a comment - Uploading an updated patch with the manifest fixed in addition to the spec file. I also made Mark's suggested change, however note that passing in the full name required moving the % {spark_name} stuff that was there before. I built the RPMs and double-checked that the names of the services as used inside the scripts was correct.
        Hide
        rvs Roman Shaposhnik added a comment -

        Can somebody, please update the package testing manifest? It looks like it still says spark. Thanks!

        Show
        rvs Roman Shaposhnik added a comment - Can somebody, please update the package testing manifest? It looks like it still says spark. Thanks!
        Hide
        mgrover Mark Grover added a comment -

        Hi Sean, great find, thanks! and sorry that I missed it in my previous patch.

        The patch mostly looks good to me. However, I personally prefer the service_macro macro to not have any "spark" for maintainability purposes. One way to do that would be to pass the full name of the service to the macro e.g. spark-worker and spark-core. We do something similar for hcatalog so maybe it makes sense to do the same here for consistency:
        https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hcatalog/SPECS/hcatalog.spec#L164

        Let me know what you think. And, thanks again!

        Show
        mgrover Mark Grover added a comment - Hi Sean, great find, thanks! and sorry that I missed it in my previous patch. The patch mostly looks good to me. However, I personally prefer the service_macro macro to not have any "spark" for maintainability purposes. One way to do that would be to pass the full name of the service to the macro e.g. spark-worker and spark-core. We do something similar for hcatalog so maybe it makes sense to do the same here for consistency: https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hcatalog/SPECS/hcatalog.spec#L164 Let me know what you think. And, thanks again!

          People

          • Assignee:
            mackrorysd Sean Mackrory
            Reporter:
            mackrorysd Sean Mackrory
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            3 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development