Affects Version/s: 1.7, 1.8
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: SVG Rasterizer
We use the PNGTranscoder to rasterize SVGs into PNG.
We get visually different results when we rasterize the same identical SVG on Windows and on Mac.
While debugging around I found out that ConcreteImageRendererFactory#createStaticImageRenderer creates different Implementation on Mac / Windows. This was implemented because of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-593?jql=project%20%3D%20BATIK%20AND%20text%20~%20Mac .
I now did create StaticRenderer and MacRenderer on Mac and Windows machines (by directly calling the constructor).
These are the results:
- StaticRender and MacRenderer created visually different PNGs when executed on Mac
- StaticRenderer and MacRenderer produces visually the same PNGs when executed on Windows
- StaticRenderer executed on Mac produces visually the same PNG as executed on Windows
So only the StaticRenderer creates the same results on both platforms. I have attached the SVG and the 4 versions of the rendered PNG.
So my questions:
- Does this performance issue mentioned in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-593?jql=project%20%3D%20BATIK%20AND%20text%20~%20Mac still exist?
- Why does the MacRenderer produce the same result as the StaticRenderer on Windows but not on Mac?