Uploaded image for project: 'Axis2'
  1. Axis2
  2. AXIS2-5741

clients cannot resolve service reponse

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.7.0
    • Fix Version/s: 1.7.1
    • Component/s: adb, codegen
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      We have developed an axis2 service some years ago but had some security issues with it. Therefore we now patched to version 1.7.0. We got 2 test clients, one JAX-WS-client and an axis2-client. Both are working perfectly with the old version. But when sending requests to the axis2 service in version 1.7.0 the clients cannot resolve the response, though the service is answering correctly. What can be the reason of this? JAX-WS-client is returning null and axis2-client is throwing an exception of unknown elemtn eventhough the mentioned element is absolutely correct. I watched the traffic via fiddler to find differences in the reponses of the old version client and the new version client. But the differences are minor and do not justify that the clients cannot resolve it. I never had this kind of problem with webservices except for this axis2-version.

      here is the service-response from the old service version 1.5.1 that the clients accept correctly

      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 07:21:14 GMT
      Server: Apache
      Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=29
      Connection: Keep-Alive
      Transfer-Encoding: chunked
      Content-Type: text/xml;charset=utf-8

      2d4
      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><ns1:ladeRzVersionResponse xmlns:ns1="http://fiverx.de/spec/abrechnungsservice/types"><result><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-15"?>
      <rzeVersion xmlns="http://fiverx.de/spec/abrechnungsservice"><uVersion><versionNr>01.06</versionNr><gracePeriod>2016-12</gracePeriod></uVersion><uVersion><versionNr>01.07</versionNr><gracePeriod>2018-12</gracePeriod></uVersion><uVersion><versionNr>01.08</versionNr><gracePeriod>2020-12</gracePeriod></uVersion></rzeVersion></result></ns1:ladeRzVersionResponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
      0

      And here the new service (verson 1.7.0) response that the clients do not accept.

      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 07:15:54 GMT
      Server: Apache
      Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=29
      Connection: Keep-Alive
      Transfer-Encoding: chunked
      Content-Type: text/xml;charset=utf-8

      2cb
      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Header/><soapenv:Body><ns1:ladeRzVersionResponse xmlns:ns1="http://fiverx.de/spec/abrechnungsservice/types"><ns1:result><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-15"?>
      <rzeVersion xmlns="http://fiverx.de/spec/abrechnungsservice"><uVersion><versionNr>01.06</versionNr><gracePeriod>2016-12</gracePeriod></uVersion><uVersion><versionNr>01.07</versionNr><gracePeriod>2018-12</gracePeriod></uVersion><uVersion><versionNr>01.08</versionNr><gracePeriod>2020-12</gracePeriod></uVersion></rzeVersion></ns1:result></ns1:ladeRzVersionResponse>
      22
      </soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
      0

      EDIT:
      corrected the responses... accidentally put the requests here not the responses...

        Attachments

        1. WebService.wsdl
          13 kB
          Pascal Knüppel
        2. mockService.zip
          8.52 MB
          Pascal Knüppel
        3. mockService.zip
          172 kB
          Pascal Knüppel

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              veithen Andreas Veithen
              Reporter:
              CaptGoldfish Pascal Knüppel
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: