I've noticed that the JavaDocs generated by the SpecificCompiler could use a little TLC. Our usage of Avro includes the IPC component, and it would be nice if the JavaDocs that were generated from our avpr files were a little more verbose, especially when working with IDEs that integrate JavaDocs from the classes we are using. It would help usage of the interfaces and classes generated from the protocol file, without having to dive deeper into the class or protocol file from which it was generated.
I've made a first attempt at accomplishing this. This is my first patch, so don't hesitate to point out something I've missed or needs improving.