Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 0.14.0
Implementing support for preemptible tasks via tier configuration will involve:
- Modify scheduler behavior to read "preemptible" value from selected tier and fallback to "production" flag in job configuration.
- Make the "tier_info" a required command line parameter.
- Validate tiers.json to ensure at least 1 tier is defined.
- Update and rename bundled tiers-example.json file to tiers.json.
- Client change to issue deprecation notice for any continued use of production flag in Job configuration.
- Add NEWS entry and update docs to announcing+explain the change.