One of the often asked feature is the ability to export data stored in Atlas (entity, lineage, tag-association, types) and import the exported data into another Atlas instance. This feature should support the ability to export specified list of objects, along with their associated objects, tags and type. For example, if a hive_db named "finance" is specified, export should include the following:
- hive_db entity along with its tags
- all tables in this database and their tags
- all columns in above tables and their tags
- the lineage information associated with above entities
- type-defintion of all above entities
During import, if an exported entity is not present in the target Atlas, it should be created. If the entity already exists at the target (by guid or by unique attribute value), the entity should be updated.