I'm still working to make a minimal reproducer for this, though I can reliably reproduce it below (though that means needing to download a bunch of data first...). I've cleaned out much of the unnecessary code (so this query below is a bit silly, and not what I'm actually trying to do), but haven't been able to make a constructed dataset that reproduces this.
Working on some example with the new | more cleaned taxi dataset at s3://ursa-labs-taxi-data-v2, I've run into a segfault:
Most of the time ends in a segfault (though I have gotten it to work on occasion). I've tried with smaller files | constructed datasets and haven't been able to replicate it yet. One thing that might be important is: pickup_location_id is all NAs | nulls in the first 8 years of the data or so.
I've attached a backtrace in case that's enough to see what's going on here.