Affects Version/s: 5.15.13
Fix Version/s: None
- Version - 5.15.12
- Hosted on AWS (Amazon MQ)
- Instance type - mq.t3.micro with a limit of 100 connections
- Version - 5.15.13
- Using openwire/jms client
- running on linux **
I am trying to add exception handling at activemq client side around connection setup. Based on my experiment I found that whenever Broker reaches the maximum connection limit, client receives 3 types of generic exceptions - SSLHandshakeException, SocketException & TransportDisposedIOException. These exceptions could occur if there is connectivity issue or truststore/certificate related issue. This has made exception handling impossible as it is not possible to know if the error is retry-able (recoverable) or not.
The ask here is to provide better signal from Broker (or client library) so that application can handle recoverable and non recoverable errors differently.
- Let connection.start() throw ExceededMaximumConnectionsException
- Let client provide exception via listeners
- Or provide new API to get current number of client connections.