I am using ActiveMQ and have some integration tests leveraging the maven-activemq-plugin.
I have found that:
1. path to XBean files are not resolved properly, as:
- the path is relative, and therefore, multi-module builds fail;
- at least under Windows, the generated path is not a valid URL, hence the plugin fails on this call: final BrokerService broker = BrokerFactory.createBroker(configUri);
2. unlike other Maven plugins, maven-activemq-plugin doesn't follow the convention of having a skip flag, to skip execution under some circumstances. This is not a bug, but rather an improvement that would make users' life easier IMO (and at least, mine).
In the attachments, I have provided:
- a multi-module build that would allow you to easily and systematically replicate the above two issues: maven-activemq-plugin-user-acceptance-test.zip
- a "fixed" version of maven-activemq-plugin, based on trunk / 5.8-SNAPSHOT (as of 2012/10/28 06:34 BST): maven-activemq-plugin.zip
- a patch, containing the equivalent fix, in case this format is preferred: maven-activemq-plugin.patch
I hope this will help to have this resolved in a 5.7.1 or 5.8 version of the plugin very soon?
P.S. : In case you need committers, I would be happy to occasionally help.
(I noticed the documentation for this plugin is rather outdated, so could help with that at least)