- Currently, hive2/HiveServer2 (HSI) heap size is ket same as that of hive/HiveServer2.
- Hive2/HiveServer2 (HSI) heap size calculations to be based on LLAP concurrency.
Side fix: Also, updated "hive.llap.daemon.queue.name" and "hive.server2.tez.default.queues" config values to one of the existing leaf queues, in case of HSI being turned on and config values have queue names which no more exist. The scenario can happen when, say :
- HSI was ON and the above 2 configs has queue name 'XYZ'.
- HSI was then turned off.
- Capacity Scheduler queues were changed and 'XYZ' queue was deleted.
- The above configs without this fix will otherwise show stale/non-existing queue name.