- During Namenode HA blueprint deployment, we configure the name nodes to start in active/standby mode based on the following properties
- The current logic is to always bootstrap the name node marked as standby.
- This will lead to the Namenode marked as Standby to never start under the following situation
- Cluster is deployed successfully
- Both name nodes are stopped
- Start the name node marked as standby. Namenode will never start.
- This is because the standby name node will try to bootstrap again.
- However to bootstrap a name node an active name node is required. Based on the HDFS logic the first step done when bootstrapping is to connect to the Active Namenode.
- Also there is no need to bootstrap here as the name node should already be bootstrapped and should come back up as “Active"