Multi Stack Services (AMBARI-19621)
Scenario: Deploy HDP & HDF services in same cluster
- Deploy HDFS from HDP and Kafka, Storm, NiFI from HDF in the same cluster.
Scenario: Deploy HDP services from different stack versions in same cluster
- Deploy ZK, HDFS, YARN from HDP-2.5, but deploy latest SPARK from HDP-2.6.
Multiple Service Instances (AMBARI-20463)
Scenario: Multi service instances on same version
- Cluster includes instance of ZooKeeper vX which is being used by HDFS, YARN.
- User wants to add instance of ZooKeeper vX which is being used by STORM and KAFKA
Scenario: Multi service instances on different versions
- Cluster includes instance of SPARK vX.
- User wants to add additional instance of SPARK vY.
Multi Host Component Instances (AMBARI-20465)
Scenario: Multi component instances from a service instance on the same host
- Single host with 128GB RAM, 16 (actual) Cores, 12*4TB disks.
- Single instance of KAFKA broker is unable to utilize all the resources on the host.
- User wants to scale up performance by deploying multiple instances of the KAFKA brokers/host.
Multi Cluster (AMBARI-20466)
Scenario: Manage multiple Hadoop clusters under single Ambari Server
- Customer has multiple small Hadoop clusters and would like to manage and monitor them with a single Ambari Server instance.
Multi Yarn Hosted Services (AMBARI-17353)
Scenario: HBase on YARN
- Deploy second instance of HBase as a long running YARN service.
- Manage YARN hosted service similar to traditional hosted services.
- First class support for Yarn hosted services.
Scenario: Credit Fraud Detection YARN Assembly
- YARN Assembly can have its own ZK, KAFKA etc.
- Manage YARN Assemblies as first-class citizen.
Multi Everything Aware APIs (AMBARI-19620)
- V2 Ambari Rest API to support Multi Everything Architecture