Issue 54501 - Add Breton locale data (br_FR)
Add Breton locale data (br_FR)
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Product: Internationalization
Classification: Code
Component: code
680m128
All All
: P3 trivial (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: oc
issues@l10n
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-09-12 17:57 UTC by drouizig
Modified: 2013-08-07 15:00 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Issue Type: ENHANCEMENT
Latest Confirmation on: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---


Attachments
The file itself attached here (13.88 KB, text/xml)
2005-09-12 17:58 UTC, drouizig
no flags Details
new xml file (13.91 KB, text/xml)
2005-09-13 13:13 UTC, drouizig
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this issue.
Description drouizig 2005-09-12 17:57:03 UTC
As discussed on the list, 
see: http://www.archivum.info/dev@l10n.openoffice.org/2005-09/msg00036.html
You'll find at this place the br_FR.xml locale :

http://www.drouizig.org/oo/br_FR.zip 

Thanks,

JCA: Philippe Basciano-Le Gall
Comment 1 drouizig 2005-09-12 17:58:14 UTC
Created attachment 29504 [details]
The file itself attached here
Comment 2 ooo 2005-09-13 11:23:36 UTC
Don't know who the owner of the account 'eike' is, but it isn't me ;-)  grabbing
issue.

Philippe, there are at least the following issues with the data file you attached:

<quarter1Word>1a&ntilde; trimiziad</quarter1Word>

Entities aren't allowed, all data has to be UTF-8 encoded. This was already
discovered by XML validation, see also a recent
i18npool/source/localedata/data/locale.dtd for how to validate a locale data XML
file. An n-with-tilde character utf-8 encoded would be the two bytes sequence
<c3><b1>.

The date format codes use DMB instead of DMY keywords, please correct (Y for
year instead of B). Similar, the time format codes use EMS instead of HMS (H for
hour). If possible please build and _test_ your locale data in a recent OOo
milestone later than m121, after setting environment variable
OOO_ENABLE_LOCALE_DATA_CHECKS to YES as lined out in
i18npool/source/localedata/data/locale.dtd, the errors mentioned should have
been detected by doing so, I didn't try though.

<LC_FORMAT replaceFrom="[CURRENCY]" replaceTo="[$F-40C]">

should read

<LC_FORMAT replaceFrom="[CURRENCY]" replaceTo="[$F-629]">

because I assigned 0x0629 to Breton, but you aren't obliged to know that, so I
would correct it anyway ;-)


<IndexKey unoid="alphanumeric" default="true" phonetic="false">A-Z</IndexKey>

looks not complete, it seems Breton has accented characters, omitting them would
lead to an index page (you can create in the Writer word processor) where all
accented characters were sorted behind A-Z, which probably is not desired. Note
that this isn't a problem of the locale data file, I'm just describing the
effect the current data would have, it may be correct or not. You may insert the
accented characters at the appropriate positions by splitting the ranges and
using utf-8 encoding, e.g. for the n-with-tilde A-N<c3><b1>M-Z, note that
<c3><b1> here are again descriptive for the real utf-8 byte sequence to be used.


Please attach a corrected locale data file.

Thanks
  Eike
Comment 3 drouizig 2005-09-13 13:12:38 UTC
Eike,

Sorry for the wrong assignement, as you quoted it, the login name "eike" was
accepted and also exists therefore...

Thank you for this review, I fixed all the points you quoted, and the new
attached file can be downloaded. I can not build it for the moment though.

About the DMB issue, I based my locale on the French one, and the French locale
references DMY under the "JMA" format. Do you think this is a problem on the
French locale, or may be somwthing else allows this localized format ?

Philippe
Comment 4 drouizig 2005-09-13 13:13:28 UTC
Created attachment 29528 [details]
new xml file
Comment 5 ooo 2005-09-19 12:51:02 UTC
Hi Philippe,

Regarding the DMY versus JMA keywords: fr_FR was one of the locales that got its
keywords localized in the past, see also
http://l10n.openoffice.org/i18n_framework/LocaleData.html, all new locales don't
have their keywords localized.

Waiting for your JCA to be listed at
http://www.openoffice.org/copyright/copyrightapproved.html

  Eike
Comment 6 drouizig 2005-09-19 16:54:08 UTC
Eike,
Thanks for the piece of info.
On my side I built the locale this week-end and thus can confirm that it builds ok. 
I sent the JCA to Santa Clara one week ago, I guess the page will be updated
very soon,

Cheers,
Philippe
Comment 7 drouizig 2005-10-15 13:30:28 UTC
Just to log that I had to change/add the following files to add the locale:

./i18npool/source/localedata/localedata.cxx
./i18npool/source/localedata/data/br_FR.xml
./i18npool/source/localedata/data/makefile.mk
./i18npool/source/localedata/data/localedata_euro.map

Thanks!
Philippe
Comment 8 ooo 2005-10-17 10:53:45 UTC
Philippe Basciano-LeGall is now listed at
http://www.openoffice.org/copyright/copyrightapproved.html
Comment 9 ooo 2005-11-16 20:10:17 UTC
On branch cws_src680_locales202

i18npool/source/localedata/localedata.cxx 1.36.2.4
i18npool/source/localedata/data/br_FR.xml 1.1.2.1
i18npool/source/localedata/data/localedata_euro.map 1.13.2.1
i18npool/source/localedata/data/makefile.mk 1.31.2.4

Beautified br_FR.xml with indentation, sorted FormatElements according
to their formatindex="..." attribute.

Note that I substituted the ThousandSeparator ordinary blank to the
non-breaking space U+00A0 and adapted number format codes.
Comment 10 ooo 2005-12-16 16:26:33 UTC
Reassigning to QA.


re-open issue and reassign to oc@openoffice.org
Comment 11 ooo 2005-12-16 16:27:35 UTC
reassign to oc@openoffice.org
Comment 12 ooo 2005-12-16 16:27:43 UTC
reset resolution to FIXED
Comment 13 oc 2006-01-03 08:36:01 UTC
verified in internal build cws_locales202
Comment 14 oc 2006-02-10 15:03:14 UTC
closed because fix available in OOo2.02m156