Issue 105355

Summary: Update extensions can't find a web browser
Product: General Reporter: wdonne <werner.donne>
Component: uiAssignee: AOO issues mailing list <issues>
Status: ACCEPTED --- QA Contact:
Severity: trivial    
Priority: P2 CC: issues
Version: OOO310m19Keywords: needhelp
Target Milestone: ---   
Hardware: Mac   
OS: Mac OSX, all   
Issue Type: DEFECT Latest Confirmation on: ---
Developer Difficulty: ---

Description wdonne 2009-09-25 11:51:07 UTC
When clicking on the update extensions icon in the tray I get the error message that OOo can't find a web 
browser. However, the "Preview in browser" functions works perfectly. I have this since version 3.1 and it 
is still in 3.1.1. I also have a Mac Mini on which this problem doesn't occur. Both have Safari 4.0.3 as the 
default browser.
Comment 1 michael.ruess 2009-09-25 12:41:21 UTC
Reassigned to OF.
Comment 2 Olaf Felka 2009-09-28 11:59:42 UTC
@ wdonne: Which extensions are installed in your Office?
Comment 3 wdonne 2009-09-28 12:08:40 UTC
I can't verify it because opening the extension manager causes either a crash or a freeze. I think I have the 
French classic dictionary and the ODT Compare extension from DeltaXML.
Comment 4 joerg.skottke 2009-09-29 07:59:57 UTC
If there is a crash involved we have a P2 with target 3.2.
Taking over this taks, i have not been able to confirm it yet.
Comment 5 wdonne 2009-09-29 08:31:47 UTC
The crash is not involved with the incident itself. When clicking on the icon in the tray I just get the error 
message about the browser, while OOo seems to know where the browser is ("Preview in browser"). The 
crash I have is when opening the extension manager. I can't tell if this is related. I have the crash 
reporting feature on and a report was sent about it.
Comment 6 joerg.skottke 2009-09-30 07:00:35 UTC
I was not able to find the report, do you possibly have an ID? (The reports are
anonymous, i cannot search for names or E-Mail addresses)
Comment 7 joerg.skottke 2009-09-30 07:07:35 UTC
I found a report on 310m19(Build:9420), but this does not match the version
stated in this issue (is 310m9). But it is the only report i found with the
Extension Manager UI on Mac for "recent" builds.
If your build is a m19, we possibly have a match.
Comment 8 joerg.skottke 2009-09-30 07:09:02 UTC
id 470659

@DV: Could you please have a look at this one? 
Comment 9 wdonne 2009-09-30 07:49:15 UTC
I'm sorry for not selecting the correct version. It is indeed m19 instead of m9.
Comment 10 joerg.skottke 2009-10-02 08:09:25 UTC
We have not been able to reproduce the problem here and the stack does not
provide any usable information. Setting needhelp keyword
Comment 11 wdonne 2009-10-02 08:36:19 UTC
Since I have it only on one machine I can imagine you have to be "lucky" to reproduce the problem. Is 
there some setting or perhaps command-line option to produce more output that is useful for you?
Comment 12 joerg.skottke 2009-10-07 07:26:20 UTC
Hi wdonne,

i'm afraid that there is little possibilty to gather more information without
huge effort.

However, there is always one thing you can try:
- Rename the user configuration in the "Application support" directory
- Reinstall the extension(s)

If this changes nothing:
- Remove the installation completely (Application and user stuff)
- Download and install the latest and greatest, reinstall
- Try again.

As you are the only one reporting this problem i set the target to 3.3 as i'm
not certain that we have a sufficient justification to push this into the
upcoming 3.2 release.
Comment 13 wdonne 2009-10-07 08:05:30 UTC
Reinitializing the user directory in Application support solves the issue. Thank you!

Because this directory is suspicious I have put it at https://re.pincette.net/doc/share/t.zip. Perhaps you 
can reproduce the problem with it.
Comment 14 dirk.voelzke 2010-02-15 14:14:29 UTC
Accepted.
Comment 15 dirk.voelzke 2011-03-18 14:09:55 UTC
dv->jl please have a look