ZooKeeper
  1. ZooKeeper
  2. ZOOKEEPER-777

setting acl on a non existant node should return no node error

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Invalid
    • Affects Version/s: 3.3.0, 3.3.1
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: server
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      currently it just returns successfully, but the acl can't be retrieved, and if any value is being stored, its overwritten when the node is created.

      1. test.py
        0.7 kB
        Andrei Savu

        Activity

        Kapil Thangavelu created issue -
        Hide
        Patrick Hunt added a comment -

        Nice one! Fixing this would be a great opportunity for someone interested to learn more about server side code.

        Show
        Patrick Hunt added a comment - Nice one! Fixing this would be a great opportunity for someone interested to learn more about server side code.
        Patrick Hunt made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Fix Version/s 3.4.0 [ 12314469 ]
        Affects Version/s 3.3.1 [ 12314846 ]
        Affects Version/s 3.3.0 [ 12313976 ]
        Hide
        Andrei Savu added a comment -

        Unable to replicate this bug. I've tested using the CLI:

        [zk: (CONNECTED) 2] setAcl /dummy world:anyone:cdrwa
        Node does not exist: /dummy

        I have also tested this scenario using the attached python script:

        Connecting to localhost:2181 –
        Setting ACL on /dummy
        Exception: no node

        Am I missing something?

        Show
        Andrei Savu added a comment - Unable to replicate this bug. I've tested using the CLI: [zk: (CONNECTED) 2] setAcl /dummy world:anyone:cdrwa Node does not exist: /dummy I have also tested this scenario using the attached python script: Connecting to localhost:2181 – Setting ACL on /dummy Exception: no node Am I missing something?
        Andrei Savu made changes -
        Attachment test.py [ 12445825 ]
        Hide
        Kapil Thangavelu added a comment -

        i think the problem was in a the client library on top of zookeeper, i tried debugging the server code but its doing everything correct and raising the exception and no node error code. the python script savu attached works as expected, i'm closing this out as invalid.

        Show
        Kapil Thangavelu added a comment - i think the problem was in a the client library on top of zookeeper, i tried debugging the server code but its doing everything correct and raising the exception and no node error code. the python script savu attached works as expected, i'm closing this out as invalid.
        Kapil Thangavelu made changes -
        Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Patrick Hunt made changes -
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Status Resolved [ 5 ] Reopened [ 4 ]
        Hide
        Patrick Hunt added a comment -

        According to the comment this should have been closed out as invalid. Marking as such.

        Show
        Patrick Hunt added a comment - According to the comment this should have been closed out as invalid. Marking as such.
        Patrick Hunt made changes -
        Status Reopened [ 4 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Fix Version/s 3.4.0 [ 12314469 ]
        Resolution Invalid [ 6 ]
        Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
        Open Open Resolved Resolved
        10d 22h 1m 1 Kapil Thangavelu 01/Jun/10 14:54
        Resolved Resolved Reopened Reopened
        535d 11h 12m 1 Patrick Hunt 19/Nov/11 01:07
        Reopened Reopened Resolved Resolved
        38s 1 Patrick Hunt 19/Nov/11 01:07

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Kapil Thangavelu
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development