Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Steps to reproduce:
1) Click on "New Service" on the new YARN UI.
2) Provide an invalid, not existing user (e.g. "invalid").
3) Provide a service definition (e.g. sleeper) via the form or json.
4) Press deploy.
5) Response: Error: Adapter operation failed. With developer tools you can check that /app/v1/services/?user.name=invalid gave a 403 status code with this diagnostic message:
6) Fix the user name, provide an existing user.
7) Press deploy.
Expected behaviour: the user should successfully deploy the service.
Current behaviour: The error response is the same.
Root cause: The query parameter of the new request is correct (?user.name=existing_user), however the hadoop.auth cookie is the old one: "u=invalid&p=invalid&t=simple-dt&e=1526073119565.... Thus the request will fail with the same "Permission denied" error.
The only workaround for the user to fix this is to clear the hadoop.auth cookie from the browser.