could you take a look at failed tests? Not sure if they're related to this fix.
The TestApplicationPriority failure appears to be unrelated. I tried multiple times to reproduce it with the patch applied, and it always passes.
The TestClientRMTokens failure is unrelated. It's failing the same way for other precommit builds, and is being tracked by
YARN-4306 / HADOOP-12687.
The TestAMAuthorization failure is unrelated. It's failing the same way for other precommit builds, and is being tracked by
YARN-4318 / HADOOP-12687.
The TestClientRMService failure is unrelated. It's failing the same way in some other precommit builds (e.g.: see https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/10285/artifact/patchprocess/patch-unit-hadoop-yarn-project_hadoop-yarn_hadoop-yarn-server_hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager-jdk1.8.0_66.txt). I tried running it multiple times with the patch applied, and it always passed. I couldn't find a tracking ticket for this one, so I filed
I'm guessing the TestAbstractYarnScheduler is unrelated. Note that it didn't fail with JDK7 but does with JDK8. I tried isolating the test with JDK8, and it doesn't fail, yet it fails when run as part of the suite. I'll investigate it further to see if I can narrow down why it's failing in JDK8, but the fact that it's passing on another JDK and also passes when run in isolation indicates it's likely not a problem with the patch.