Specify only one label for each node (IAW, partition a cluster) is a way to determinate how resources of a special set of nodes could be shared by a group of entities (like teams, departments, etc.). Partitions of a cluster has following characteristics:
- Cluster divided to several disjoint sub clusters.
- ACL/priority can apply on partition (Only market team / marke team has priority to use the partition).
- Percentage of capacities can apply on partition (Market team has 40% minimum capacity and Dev team has 60% of minimum capacity of the partition).
Attributes are orthogonal to partition, they’re describing features of node’s hardware/software just for affinity. Some example of attributes:
- glibc version
- JDK version
- Type of CPU (x86_64/i686)
- Type of OS (windows, linux, etc.)
With this, application can be able to ask for resource has (glibc.version >= 2.20 && JDK.version >= 8u20 && x86_64).