Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 3.2.0
Release Note:With this feature task, Node Attributes is supported in YARN which will help user's to effectively use resources and assign to applications based on characteristics of each node's in the cluster.
Specify only one label for each node (IAW, partition a cluster) is a way to determinate how resources of a special set of nodes could be shared by a group of entities (like teams, departments, etc.). Partitions of a cluster has following characteristics:
- Cluster divided to several disjoint sub clusters.
- ACL/priority can apply on partition (Only market team / marke team has priority to use the partition).
- Percentage of capacities can apply on partition (Market team has 40% minimum capacity and Dev team has 60% of minimum capacity of the partition).
Attributes are orthogonal to partition, they’re describing features of node’s hardware/software just for affinity. Some example of attributes:
- glibc version
- JDK version
- Type of CPU (x86_64/i686)
- Type of OS (windows, linux, etc.)
With this, application can be able to ask for resource has (glibc.version >= 2.20 && JDK.version >= 8u20 && x86_64).