1. There are some CRUD examples in documentation (1), many of them are external and long articles that won't be read by almost any developer. This is confusing and overwhelming. There should be only one official CRUD page, as concise as possible, and continuing the Getting Started (2) example.
2. Documentation should consider that there are different approaches for CRUD, which is the recommended one? . For instance, @InputConfig + defaultStack (3) may replace paramsPrepareParams, and in general there some other approaches. Documentation should recommend acceptable techniques and warn against bad ones (dynamic method invocation, for example).
3. Documentation should also cover, following directions above and in different steps, usual CRUD scenarios like JPA, Spring, etc...
4. REST approach should be also explained in Getting Started, and, widely recommended for database applications.
5. Code for such a CRUD example in Getting Started already exists (4). It just needs to be reviewed and adapted as required.
This code is based in 'Struts 2 CRUD Example' (5) linked from (1) as 'CRUD made easy'.
6. This issue is inspired by comments in issue ww-3393 (6).