I didn't know whether I should create separate issues for each (some are not issues but just require some doco). Issues described here - http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=19230238&framed=y -
- If you want a blank namespace - do not use "/" as your namespace in your struts xml's or in namespace notation. Inconsistent behavior starts to occur.
- If you want a specific namespace - e.g. /v1 - you must ensure your namespace has prefixed slash i.e. "/v1" otherwise it will not work
- If you are using tiles or even jsp (I think) and have the same name folder as a namespace your rest urls will not execute the action
- Your actions/controllers must be suffixed with 'Controller' or the action mapper will not pick them up (wiki says it is optional)
- If you have a action/controller name the same as the package name its in - strange things happen (can't find action mapping etc.). e.g package name is au.com.test.rest.space, class in this package with name SpaceController will not work correctly - SpacesController will.