Woden
  1. Woden
  2. WODEN-232

xml:lang attribute not written on the DocumentationElements

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: M9
    • Fix Version/s: 1.0
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I try to write a WSDL document by manipulating the Woden API but could not find the way to add an xml:lang attribute on a wsdl documentation element.
      When I looked for the source of the DOMWSDLWriter class, I found that the printExtensibilityAttributes() and printExtensibilityElements() have been commented for reasons not really detailed.
      In a previous need, I had to add specific nodes in the documentation element. I could have reached that point by creating a DOM Element with a fake root element, that I put as content of an instance of DocumentationElement. I though first that adding an attribute on my fake root element might have been a solution to print attributes on documentations, but it seems that this approach has not been considered. It seems to be a bug or did I missed something?

      1. primer-hotelReservationService.wsdl
        3 kB
        Julien Blass
      2. DOMWSDLWriterTest.java
        7 kB
        Julien Blass
      3. woden-impl-dom.patch
        2 kB
        Julien Blass
      4. woden-impl-commons.patch
        3 kB
        Julien Blass

        Activity

        Hide
        Julien Blass added a comment -

        Here are updates of the DOMWSDLWriterTest class and the primer-hotelReservationService.wsdl resource found in the woden-dom project, that emphasize the bug.
        I added a documentation element with an xml:lang attribute in the WSDL, and two assertions in the method testWriteWSDLDescriptionElementWriterWithDocumentationContainingAttributes() of the Junit test class to check for the presence of the attribute.

        Show
        Julien Blass added a comment - Here are updates of the DOMWSDLWriterTest class and the primer-hotelReservationService.wsdl resource found in the woden-dom project, that emphasize the bug. I added a documentation element with an xml:lang attribute in the WSDL, and two assertions in the method testWriteWSDLDescriptionElementWriterWithDocumentationContainingAttributes() of the Junit test class to check for the presence of the attribute.
        Hide
        Sagara Gunathunga added a comment -

        Can you provide a sample or test case to recreate the original issue you mentioned ?

        Show
        Sagara Gunathunga added a comment - Can you provide a sample or test case to recreate the original issue you mentioned ?
        Hide
        Julien Blass added a comment -

        Proposed patches that manage :

        • printing of reserved prefix for XML namespace URI
        • printing of attributes set within wsdl document elements
        Show
        Julien Blass added a comment - Proposed patches that manage : printing of reserved prefix for XML namespace URI printing of attributes set within wsdl document elements

          People

          • Assignee:
            Sagara Gunathunga
            Reporter:
            Julien Blass
          • Votes:
            1 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:

              Development